Підсумковий урок із теми «Food»
Objectives: to revise vocabulary on the topic and grammar (countable and uncountable nouns, the Present Indefinite Passive); to develop pupils’ listening, reading, speaking and writing skills, to teach pupils to work in groups and pairs, to educate the culture of communication.
Equipment: cards with a/an/some, many/ much, handouts.
T. Good morning, everybody! How are you getting on? I am glad you are OK and ready to start our lesson. Today we’ll speak about food and your favourite dishes.
T. Now let’s repeat the poem.
What do you like for breakfast, Lee?
I like two eggs, some milk and tea.
What do you like for lunch, Kate?
I like a plate of soup, some fish and cake.
What do you like for dinner, Pete?
I like potatoes, soup and meat.
3. MAIN PART
The teacher divides the class into 4 groups.
Group 1 – make a list of fruit.
Group 2 – make a list of vegetables
Group 3 – make a list of food.
Group 4- make a list of drinks.
The leader of each group announces the results of their work.
Countable and uncountable nouns
T. As you know nouns may be countable and uncountable. We use the article a/an with countable nouns and the word “some” with uncountable ones.
(The teacher says: bread, banana, spaghetti, tomato, potato, sugar, melon, salt, milk, lemonade, yoghurt, meat, Cola, water, carrot, ice cream, flour, oil. The pupils show one of the cards a/an/some.)
T. We use “many” with countable nouns and “much“ with uncountable ones.
(The teacher says: cucumber, pear, orange, pizza, butter, cake, nut, sweet, coffee, honey, mushroom, tea, cherry, juice, onion, chocolate, rice. The pupils show one of the cards much/many).
The present Indefinite Passive
T. You have the cards. Your task is to complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs.
1. The pizza… equally between the four of us.
a) Is shared b) are shared c) is share
2. This salad … of fruit.
a) Are made b) are make c)is made
3. The muffins … for breakfast in our family.
a) Is baked b) are baked c) are bake
4. The microwave oven doesn’t work because the electricity
a) Is turn off b) turned off c) is turned off
5. Sugar… to all the dishes.
a) Isn’t put b) isn’t putted c) aren’t put
6. Food and a small toy … in the Happy Meal.
a) Are included b) include c) is included
7. Ukrainian borsch … in every family in Ukraine.
a) Are cooked b) cooks c) is cooked
8. Breakfast … at 8 o’clock.
a) Is serve b) are served c) is served
Reading and Speaking
T. Your task is to make up the dialogues and then dramatize them (see HO2)
Listening and writing
T. Listen to the story and write down the recipe of the vegetable soup.
Today it is Sunday. My mother is cooking. I would like to help Mum to cook vegetable soup.
She is glad that I want to help her. She said:”Kate, please, take some potatoes and wash them. Then give me some carrots, a cabbage and an onion”.
W. Are you ready to order?
C. YES. I’d like some chicken soup to start with.
W. What would you like for main course?
C. Well, I’m not sure. What will you recommend?
W. We have delicious grilled fish with fresh vegetables.
C. That sounds nice. I’ll have that.
W. What would to drink?
C. A large glass of orange juice, please.
W. Thank you for your order.
C1. Where shall we sit?
C2. Let’s sit near the window?
W. Can I help you?
C1. Show me the menu, please.
W. Here it is. Are you ready to order?
C1. Yes, we’ll have fish and chips, please.
W. Anything else?
C2. Yes, please. An apple pie and ice cream.
W. What will you have to drink?
C1. I’ll have strawberry milk.
C2. And I’ll have a grapefruit juice.
W. Here is your bill. That’ll be 6 dollars, please.
C1. Here you are. Thank you. Good bye.
C. Could you show me the menu, please?
W. Here it is.
C. 2 cheese and tomato pizzas to take away, please.
W. Certainly. They’ll be ready in 5 minutes. Would you like to take a seat?
C. One large coke, please.
W. Here you are.
W. your pizzas, sir.
C. Thank you very much. Good-bye.
W. Yes, sir. What can I do for you?
C. I’d like 2 orange ice creams and 2 black coffees.
W. Very good, sir.
W. Here you are. Enjoy yourselves.
W. Here is your bill. That’ll be 10 dollars, please. Thank you.
Mother washes meat and puts it into the pot. Kate begins to cut the vegetables. Then Mother puts some salt into the soup.
Now it’s time to have dinner. The family is having dinner. Father says, “The soup is very tasty. Who cooked the soup?” and Mother says, “Kate helped me to cook it”. Kate is happy, she says,” Tomorrow I’m going to cook porridge”.
Check on homework
T. All of us have favourite dishes. Tell us about them.
1. Take some tomatoes, some cucumbers and a paprika.
2. Wash the vegetables.
3. Slice the tomatoes, the cucumbers and the paprika.
4. Chop some green onion and some parsley.
5. Put the vegetables into the bowl.
6. Add the onion and parsley.
7. Add some salt and pepper.
8. Pour some oil.
9. Mix the salad.
Ingredients: 1 chicken weighting 1 kg, 400 g liver, 200g button mushrooms, 3 stalks of parsley, 60 g butter, 700 g potatoes, salt, pepper.
1. Clean and wash the mushrooms. Wash and dry the parsley and remove the leaves. Mince the liver, parsley, chop mushrooms and bread.
2. Preheat the oven 220 C0 . Melt 15 g butter in a frying pan and fry the stuffing for 2 minutes on a moderate heat.
3. Add salt and pepper and leave cool.
4. Once the stuffing has cooled, stuff the chicken and sew it or plug with a ball of greaseproof paper.
5. Put the chicken on an oven dish, coat it with 15 g of butter in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
6. Peel and quarter the potatoes. When the chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, arrange the potatoes around it, adding knobs of butter, and leave to cook for a further 35 minutes.
THE RECIPE FOR A REAL AMERICAN HAMBURGER
Ingredients: 750 g minced beef, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 50 g nuts, 50g breaderumbs, 2 eggs, 1 lettuce, a little salt, pepper and lemon juice 2 tomatoes, 4 slices cheese, 1 tin of pineapple rings, 4 buns.
What to do:
First peel and chop the onion, the garlic and the nuts. Put the meet, onion, garlic, nuts, breadcrumbs and eggs in a bowl. Add a little salt, pepper and lemon juice. Then mix all the ingredients with a fork. Make 4 hamburgers. Put the burgers into the refrigerator and grill or fry them for 10 to 15 minutes each side. While the burgers are cooking, cut the buns in half and toast them. Wash the lettuce and tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes and open the tin of pineapple. When the burgers are cooked put a bit of the lettuce and a few slices of tomatoes on a bun. Put a burger upside. Put some more lettuce. Then put a slice of cheese, a pineapple ring at the top of the bun. Bon appétit!
THE CAKE “PYRAMID”
Ingredients: 2 packets of biscuits, 200 g milk, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 300g cottage cheese, 150 g sour cream, ½ cup of sugar.
What to do:
1. First we make chocolate from cocoa, sugar and sour cream.
2. Meanwhile the chocolate is being made put sugar, sour cream and some cottage cheese into the mixer and mix.
3. When the chocolate is ready cool it at the balcony.
4. Next put the biscuit into the milk and then put it on the foil in the form (3-6 biscuits).
5. After that put ½ creamy mixture on the biscuit and smooth it out.
6. Then put some more biscuits on the creamy mixture and cover with the creamy mixture again.
7. Add some nuts. Now let’s make a sort of a pyramid from our cake.
8. Finally cover the “Pyramid” with the cheese. Enjoy your cake.
Ingredients: 100 g softened butter, 125 g sugar, 2 eggs, 150 g sifted flour, 75 g currants.
What to do:
1. Mix the butter and sugar in bowl plate.
2. Add the eggs, then the flour. Blend until the mixture has an even consistency.
3. Preheat the oven at 200 C. Grease a baking sheet and use a piping bag or 2 teaspoons to space out small drops of the mixture.
4. Top the sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The biscuits should be golden around the edges but still light the middle.
5. Remove the biscuit using a metal spatula and leave to cool on a rack.
Ingredients: 2 carrots, 2 turnips, 1 onion, 1 potato, 1 stick celery, 1 clove garlic, 20g butter, 1 litre water, 2 spigs parsley, salt, pepзer.
What to do:
1. Peel and wash all the vegetables, slice them.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the vegetables.
3. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring continuously.
4. Add salt and pepper and pour in 1 litre of very hot water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Chop the parsley and sprinkle over the soup just before serving.
6. Add a spoon of fresh cream.
T. So, we have worked much and you get good marks. What did you like most of all?
The lesson is over with a chant to build up pupil’s self-esteem.
I’m a pupil.
I’m a good pupil.
I’m a clever pupil.
I’m talented pupil.
I’m a brilliant pupil.
I’m trying to be the best pupil in the world.
Підготувала: Ольга Штинь
7 клас, за підручником А. Несвіт
До публікації на сайті Освітнього порталу "Академія" приймаються нові авторські конспекти уроків; методичні розробки; сценарії виховних заходів; зразки шкільних творів та переказів, які відповідають новій навчальній програмі.